5 differences of a traveler who knows a foreign language from an ignorant one
- A person who knows the language will never lost. With a foreign language, you are much more likely to find the right point on the map, even if you are terminally ill with directional insanity. "With a tongue in one`s head one can find the way to Rome" - remember?
- A person who knows the language can make friends with the locals and see absolutely non-tourist, authentic places, taste the country's traditions, get to closed cultural events, exhibitions, bars, shows. The ignorant one has only two entertainment options - a Russian-speaking guide or a company of compatriot friends.
- Security. If you suddenly need to call an ambulance, or you were robbed, or you have an accident (perish forbid), then knowing the language can not only solve problems, but also save your life.
- Saving. If you speak a foreign language, you can easily buy airline tickets on foreign websites (which is often economic), bargain when booking accommodation on airbnb and other resources, ask for discounts in stores.
- Liberty. If you speak a foreign language, then when choosing a best half you cannot be limited to the borders of your native country. This greatly increases the chances of success.