About directional insanity
We have two pieces of news: insanity is incurable. But life with it is enchanting and full of surprises :)
Many people, for example, find it difficult to find their house without a navigator, they can walk a hundred times along the same street but not remember anything, and finding a car in the parking lot turns into an exciting half an hour quest.
What if directional insanity is included in your basic package, but you want to travel? Catch 5 life-hacks:
- Explore the place in advance. To at least roughly understand what part of the city your hotel is, where is the center, and where to go to see the main attractions.
- Download offline maps. The most convenient - maps.me.
- Take a business card with you. It can always be shown to a taxi driver who is guaranteed to take you home.
- Buy a local SIM card to be online (Google maps can help). And grab a portable charger for the gadget, so as not to waste nerve cells in search of charging, but with a clear conscience to enjoy the beauty.
- Learn a few words in the local language (English does not always help - in China, for example, it is useless). But even if you have not learned - do not despair! There is a solution. Explain with gestures!
Summary: Don't be afraid to get lost. And having got lost - do not be afraid again! Perhaps life has prepared a fascinating acquaintance for you.